Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Rich, is the Phoenix event still scheduled for March 7 & 8?

Just trying to make plans to be there.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
nobody20 said:
Big Rich, is the Phoenix event still scheduled for March 7 & 8?

Just trying to make plans to be there.

Yes.....we are waiting for final approval from the BLM, they'll need to make sure there are no midget desert owls or some such thing, ut it should be no problem.

Rich

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
McSoo said:
Where is it gonna be? Florence Junction? I wanna go watch..

Beacuse of the problems dealing with BLM in the area, we decide to use Woodpecker, seeing as they had already allowed a competition there.

Rich

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Hey Big Rich whats with this comp in AZ. I know where two other calrocs are (moonrocks&donner) but where is the 4th comp this year

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Skynnard said:
Hey Big Rich whats with this comp in AZ. I know where two other calrocs are (moonrocks&donner) but where is the 4th comp this year
I'll be hold a special class in "what happ'n this year" for any of the competitors that wish the help. It "the Class"will be this weekend in Barstow:D

Rich

·
Registered
570 Posts
Any more info on this event? Im lookin for driving directions to the site and motels close to the event. I looked on Richs site but couldnt find anything.

Thanks CJ

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
TablerockToy said:
Any more info on this event? Im lookin for driving directions to the site and motels close to the event. I looked on Richs site but couldnt find anything.

Thanks CJ
I have sent the directions info sheet to Lance to put on the website. It should be up soon. E-mail me and I will send one to you shortly
Rich

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Big Rich, is this why you were in Phoenix this past weekend? (Or currently?) Final preparations and what not? Is the competition gonna be like the ARCA 2000(?) where it was on Lower Woodpecker?

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
McSoo said:
Big Rich, is this why you were in Phoenix this past weekend? (Or currently?) Final preparations and what not? Is the competition gonna be like the ARCA 2000(?) where it was on Lower Woodpecker?
Still in Phoenix, finalizing all. Yes Woodpecker will be the place.
Rich

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
how does it appear for spectating?

I might make the drive again to watch. have freinds in Phoenix

and would like a visit.....

--Sherpa

can my wife's Astrovan get us close to the event for spectating,

or is it going to be a major PITA walk-?

--Sherpa

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
no big waterfalls, but a couple of fun climbs if the cones are in the right place, nothing extremely wild though.

Lower Woodpecker is very spectator friendly. Only real problem is parking, so ya might have to walk up the road 1/2 mile or so. No big deal though. Upper woodpecker I'm not sure where they'll put the obstacles, but you can park almost right at the trailhead on that one too.

·
Registered
24,964 Posts
AZFord4x4 said:
no big waterfalls, but a couple of fun climbs if the cones are in the right place, nothing extremely wild though.
Yeah, doesn't seem like much of a competition trail for the likes of these guys, unless the lines are *really* well choosen. Should make for quick runs and low points...

All of the major AZ trails are spectator friendly, lots of stadium seating :D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Pazuzu said:

Yeah, doesn't seem like much of a competition trail for the likes of these guys, unless the lines are *really* well choosen. Should make for quick runs and low points...

All of the major AZ trails are spectator friendly, lots of stadium seating :D
I take it you've never seen Bob's courses before :flipoff2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bumpin for a great event, Both the Woodpecker trails are Awesome!!!
Very Spectator freindly!!

You will not be dissapointed!!
Here is one of the more famous obsticles on upper woodpecker!
The Firehole!!

K-ton:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you guys need someone to go out there and help dig out all the rocks people throw in there, I'd be glad to help! Anyone up for doing it the weekend before? I'm not sure if my rig will be runnin' by then, but I'd be willin' to take the minivan as far as it will go, and help unstack all the rocks... :) That might make it kinda interesting...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TablerockToy said:

Thanks CJ
Closest motel I believe is Best Western in Gold Canyon but it is $$.

Otherwise next nearest motels are in Apache Junction.

There could be new places as its been a year since I've been out there.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts