Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if you can run a short water pump on a 383 stroker. My father-in-law says I have to use a long water pump. I was planning on using a short water pump and mounted my engine in my Jeep with enough clearance for the short water pump. There is not enough room for a fan with a long water pump and i would have to move my engine mounts and tranny mount :( .

Also, where can I get accessery brackets and pullies for a short water pump on a 383?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
The external parts of a small block are all the same! Your 383 as far as the pulleys are concerned are the same as 1955 265. I'm running a short water pump with a 350? All you need are the brackets from a pre-67 Vette or most small blocks from that era. You could try March Pulleys... They have killer billet alum brackets, but you better hang on to your wallet. You could also search Classic Industries website. The only time you can't run a short pump is with the new plastic timing cover? Or at least I thought so. I'm sure other have opinions about this too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts