Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a project for a software engineering class & I figured I'd do something 4x4 related since I get to pick & this is what I'm thinking. I need a list of all wheeling related formulas like how to figure gear ratios, approach angles, center of gravity,... stuff like that. I've searched google & most of the stuff I found was engine stroke & volume stuff, not really looking for that. What I'm planning is to write a program that would have a bunch of different calculators in it & you just pick the one you need & enter in the necessary info. This still has to be approved by my teacher & my group(lazy sobs that won't ever show up:mad:) but that shouldn't be a problem since I'm the group leader.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I am not sure if these are the formulas you do not want to use but I have found, through google, some cool formulas on calculating quarter mile ET, converting ET to horsepower and the effects of a change in altitude. This is the only formula I can remember is

Torque= (HP*5252)/(rpm)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
how is that formula for torque correct???

according to that formula, a Formula one car has less than 1 ft-lb. of torque, at 18k RPM's anyways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts