Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the nominal axle flange OD for the 30 spline scout 44 rears? I am going to do rear discs soon, and need to know what to bore the inside of the rotors out to so that the rotor fits over the flange. Thanks!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I don't have any dimensions, but AFAIK rotors from an F-150 will fit over the flange with out any boring needed to be done. I know Brawler has done this, and this is still the route I'm going to take. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I recently went to rear disc on my 79 scout. I used front disc mounts boared out to fit the axle ends and cut to fit over the 2.75" axle tube. even though I was able to all 4 mounting holes on the axle retainer,I had the mounts welded to the axle. I used scout rotors mounted to the back of the axle flange w/front wheel studs. install the discs on the axle befor pressing on the bearings. The hole in the rotor was relieved to provide clearance for the unmachined portion of the axle flange. The best part is its all Scout hardware.(except for the brake hoses):eek:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
most disc brake conversions are done by simply grinding down the axle flange to fit the rotor. Some have actually used Scout front rotors on the rear

·
Registered
265 Posts
I used Scout rotors and calipers on my conversion. Instead of cutting the hole larger in the rotor I just cut a step in the rotor hub hole to provide clearance for the non machined portion of the inner axle flange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.