Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been using an old piman arm I found laying around the shop for a few years. Well..the splines have finally gotten worn so I need a new one. The only problem is..I have no what it actually came off of and I don't have time to go to the junkyard yet. It is 6 inches long and has around a 2 inch drop. I would prefer one that is a little shorter (about 5 inches) and I don't need so much drop..even straight would work. Any ideas on what to get and where. It is a steer behind (GM passenger car) steering box. Tell me what you guys are using!! Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Killerpee said:
Actually..I think the pitman arm is a mid-80's Ford Van..what are the odds of fiinding one of those:shaking:

The one in the middle is from a WJ, is right at 6" C to C and is pretty beefy. The end will have to be enlarged with a tapered reamer to fit, but it's very easy to do.

Just another option.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrBlaine...what is the far right one?? It looks like it may be perfect.

I know there are plenty at the PnP..but I don't have time to drive all the way down there right now and just look around. I either need to find one that someone has and buy it or order one online. I waited way too late to get ready formy next trip, so junkyard diving is just out. Thanks, Shane

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I sent you a PM Shane.

I have 3 brand new pitman arms at home. Brand new/unused. I can go look at it today.

BDS #083402-1 Ford pitman arm (78-79)

78-79 F-100/F-150 4WD w/ Power Steering Pitman Arm (PS) 083402
78-79 Bronco 4WD w/ Power Steering

Rough Country #6601 pitman arm (80-95 Ford)
4WD Hdw. #4wd238 pitman arm (TJ/YJ - power steering)

Charles

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Killerpee said:
MrBlaine...what is the far right one?? It looks like it may be perfect.

I know there are plenty at the PnP..but I don't have time to drive all the way down there right now and just look around. I either need to find one that someone has and buy it or order one online. I waited way too late to get ready formy next trip, so junkyard diving is just out. Thanks, Shane
The one on the right is a stock TJ/YJ pitman. Little over 5" C to C. The TRE hole will have to be enlarged on it as well, but if you think it will work, I have about 10 of them laying around. Yours for the cost of shipping.

If you know the number on your pitman TRE, I can run the tapered reamer through it before I ship it as well, as long as it's a TRE that I have to check the size with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts