Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I have to get out of here in an hour and am hoping to take care of this problem tonight if possible. I bought some durabak and sprayed it last night and I love the stuff but I ran out! Problem is it'll take me another week to get it, I got a first coat and some second coat. I need to touch up mostly the floors, etc....

Has anyone had both or tried both? They are both black, I know the duplicolor is crap but it's cheap and readily available as in I can pick it up right now. I hear stories of duplicolor coming off, but I figure since I already have a first coat of badass durabak that is super well prepped, then I'll be OK because the duplicolor will stick to that :confused: But do they have different consistencies? I remember they are pretty similar, aka a hard plastic type material when dry?

Thanks guys...
Please advise!

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Don't mix it. I have used duplicolor, and it's not total crap if you prep the surface right and don't layer it on too thick. But durabak is a totally different thing. It's like $100 a gallon, which is too expensive IMO to risk simply because of another 1-2 week wait to get another gallon and spary it in.

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
run to autozone and get herculiner is nearly the same as durabak...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crossed my mind, the big thing I like about the durabak is that it is relatively smooth at least compared to experiences I've had with herculiner that has been rolled on. But I do have a shutz gun that I love and am thinking I can maybe get some different consistency. Anywhoo, chevygal has the idea, I think I'm gonna just wait...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did some research, lets just say that I have reason to believe ;) that herculiner and durabak are the same exact stuff. Durabak has different features, color blends, you can get it with less or more ganules of tires, etc. Herculiner also only comes in black. The reason I thought it was different is because I've only seen Herc rolled in when Durabak I've seen is sprayed in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts