Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good cheap brushguard that will hold a Warn M8274-50 onto my rig, 92 1/2T GMC. Any ideas or web sites? Also since it's only a 8,000lb would a snatch block be a good idea? I am new to the winch thing. Thanx. Also I need to replace the winch cable what's the deal with the new nylon stuff?

·
Registered
690 Posts
When I got my winch I looked for a good brush gaurd mount and I could not find one for less then 300 bucks..And I did not like the bolt together look they had, So I made made one.
I used a regular brush gaurd and cut out the second bar and welded in a tray, a few reinforcements, and then mounted the winch.
I got the gaurd used for about 50 bucks and the steel tray from a local steel shop for another 15 bucks and they cut it to size for me.
I have not talked to anyone that has used the nylon rope you asked about(it's called plasma rope)I know it is pretty expensive, almost 3 times that of steel.
With your truck I would recomend using a 3/8 cable, and getting rid of the 5/16 it comes with.
Hope this helps.

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: Home Built ]

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
the plasma rope is a good investment if you wheel in mud alot my buddy has one and it works great but I don't think rock crawlers would like it cause it would get cut on the rocks. It is stong thou, and winds easier than steel, and I think it has a towstarp kinda strecth to it, but again my friend's the one with it I can't even afford a winch yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the photo. I think I may do something very similar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts