Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got two '97 fj80s I'm working on and need some parts advice.

1. I like the Husky liners cargo mats. They're expensive. Anyone know of a less expensive but equal alternative. I like the raised edges to catch the mud/snow.

2. Anyone have advice on a small parts tabletop sandblaster setup?

3. How about online auto recyclers. My local guy has a '97 in his yard but he won't let my pull my own parts, so it's slower going.

thanks.

neuro

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
1) how much are the husky liners?

2) harbor freight sells a cheapie. depending on how much you're gonna use it, you might be bettwr off finding a shop that'll blast them for cheap. i have a free standing cabinet and use it quite a bit. but when i get a lot of stuff to blast or large items like complete frames or springs, then i take them to a local business that specializes in blasting and different coatings. pretty reasonable. if you can't find one locally, then conatct your local powder coating shop and ask them who does their blasting.

3) you're not gonna find a whole lot of fj80s in the U pick it" type yards. i would check on ebay and on www.ih8mud.com as well as on the norcal80s list.....

good luck...

whoops, almost forgot: welcome to the club you newbie fawker! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
instead of an huskey liner just use durbak paint on bed liner for parts try the following taprecyling.com or yotayard.com or calmini those 3 should have parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts and stuff...

Thanks for the replies. I need to find a good local shop for sandblasting parts but I've got some good leads. Seems the local auto recycler guy is really busy, kind of annoying since I'd rather go locally where I can see the parts beforehand. Not sure about ordering via the net from a recycler. Heard bad stories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts