Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any of you "been there done that" guys know the best components for converting a REAR 79 Ford 3/4 ton FF D60 8 lug drum brakes to disc brakes while changing to a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. It will be installed under a CJ. I thought I searched the web and Pirate well, but didn't find much on the Ford to 5x5.5 conversion. Links would be appricated. I've read so many mix matched combinations for various D60 models my head's spinning. Any help from the more knowledgeable powers would be greatly appreciated. I’m ready to start cutting soon and want the parts in hand to make sure I measure correct before I screw things up. :confused:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Look in the vendors section. You can buy everything you need. There is a post called "D60 5,6 an d8 lug hubs" or something like that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Found it, thanks, but do I reuse the hubs for a rear disc conversion? Only if keeping FF right? I was going to cut the axle down anyway and purchase after market shafts and use the ford 9" big bearings. Q: If I purchase the Ford D60 caliper bracket and run a half ton ford rotor for the 5x5.5 bolt pattern and ford calipers will everything bolt right up?

bpd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts