Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 28 ft wells cargo enclosed trailer that currently has tandem 5k axles. i want to switch to 8k axles but i am looking for a good good hook up on axles and somebody to do the work. any body have any recomendations? southern california or the fresno/bakersfield area are prefered.

i think i want to use dexter torflex axles with permanant lube hubs. any coments or experiance ?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
FWIW, I bought some axles, fenders, spring and all the hardware (u-bolts etc) from a person in Alabama for about half the price of what the local guys wanted. (even after the cost of shipping) I do not know if he has the axles you are looking for or not but it might be worth a try. Cell phone-256-565-3396 e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Does it have torsion axles on it now? Or is it leaf sprung? Swapping out won't be a problem, but you need to watch for the rest of the trailer. Frame, crossmembers, and structure of the trailer all make up the GVW. I know that you could do it in a couple of hours in your own shop, and a trailer place will probably ask around $1300 to $1500. Axles should run about $350 a peice. I know that my cost is $256.79 on an axle like that. I just had to price some.

You may have to swap to new tires and wheels while you are at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts