Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1971 GMC 2500 and am looking for a replacement center drag link/tie rod for the steering linkage as mine is severely bent. A few scrap yards have quoted me $250+ for a new one which is way over the value of any piece of the linkage, so I'm looking to find one for quite a bit less than that. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks for the info, those are for solid axle, this is IFS.

We cannot find anywhere the idler arm bracket that mounts to the frame on the passenger side. We also can't find the center drag link anywhere. All the rebuilt kits are just the tie rod ends because those are 'consumable' but they stopped making the non-consumable parts.

We're hoping someone here has a source for old chevy parts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
So a 2wd note somewhere in the message would have been a lot more helpful. Anyways I think I have a couple of them

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have one off that 1985 chevy 2wd crew cab dually frame, would that work for his year ?

Ill go out and get pics if you think it would fit.

So a 2wd note somewhere in the message would have been a lot more helpful. Anyways I think I have a couple of them

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I don't know if the 2wd draglink for these trucks is unique or not....

But you can certainly swap an entire suspension w/steering from a 73-87 truck. 1-ton SRW is actually a beefy upgrade (balljoints, bearings, D60 brakes.)

If these later ones are simply a slightly different length, I wouldn't think twice about cut/weld/sleeve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts