Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of detailed directions for the install of a Dual Tcase adapter into a 84. I have my Tcase in pieces and have a few sets of needle roller bearings that need to be replaced.The only thing is from what I can tell from the partial directions on All-Pro's site is I may not need to replace them if I order a dual case adapter. Also does anyone know if a Tcase out of a 93 22re will fit for my rear case? I figure it will but just wanted to make sure that there weren't any changes in the case since the 85 22re.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Call Marlin at 1-559-25CRAWL> He will tell you! Depend on the T-case, some are top loading and others are front loading! There are two different cases with different designs. From what you wrote on your post, NO a newere tcase will not work with the old ones! YOu need two top loading cases! IF the shift forks stick out of the front of your old case like 3 inchs it won't work!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ERASE THE TERRORIST'S:
<STRONG>Call Marlin at 1-559-25CRAWL> He will tell you! Depend on the T-case, some are top loading and others are front loading! There are two different cases with different designs. From what you wrote on your post, NO a newere tcase will not work with the old ones! YOu need two top loading cases! IF the shift forks stick out of the front of your old case like 3 inchs it won't work!!</STRONG>
Yeah I tried to call him today but got one hang up and one no answer. I'm sure he had alot going on today we all did. I'll try him again tomorrow. My case that I have now is a front loading case with the shifter going into the trans. I figured I could run the gear box from this case up front and a top loading case for the rear. Is that not right? If it isn't how does it work having to run a top loaded case off of a trans that was setup for a front loading case or does it not matter? Also will I need a special shifter for the front case so that it will come up through the factory location? That way I only have to cut one hole for the rear case shifter.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You can keep your front shifter in the tailhousing so you don't have to make the hole bigger.That's how mine is set up.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yup, mine too. The front 1/2 case is a carb case with the forks sticking out into the G-52 tranny. The rear full case is an EFI case with the internal shift forks and the shifter on top of it.

The front case has to mate to your tranny style, the rear case HAS to be an EFI case (internal forks)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keep trying Marlin it's wotyh the frustration of waiting. He really knows his Toyotas. but he is a very busy guy! so sometimes it takes awhile to get hold of him.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by snowtoy:
<STRONG>Keep trying Marlin it's wotyh the frustration of waiting. He really knows his Toyotas. but he is a very busy guy! so sometimes it takes awhile to get hold of him.</STRONG>
Yeah thanks I already got a hold of them and ordered a complete Crawler on the 12th. It should be here next week sometime

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Originally posted by snowtoy:
<STRONG>Keep trying Marlin it's wotyh the frustration of waiting. He really knows his Toyotas. but he is a very busy guy! so sometimes it takes awhile to get hold of him.</STRONG>
Truer words were never said. One of the reasons he is so busy is because he is always on the phone answering questions about dual cases from guys who have bought adapters and gears from AA or AP with there crappy install instructions. Marlin being the nice guy, oh hell the great guy that he is will answer the questions even if it not his products!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts