Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what you have found to be the best/ most comfortable seat from a donor car to be implanted into your tube buggy. I'm on the search now....

Toy p/u buggy.... due to terrain spend most of my time either looking through my floor board or halfway out the door (obviously when not in a roll situation) Need a seat thats not going to rub my side the wrong way, last seats I had gave me "rug burn"

I would like to stay away from expensive typical comp buggy seats but if they are resonably prices I'll entertain them....but other wise am looking for donor vehicle seats found at a junkyard

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
everyones butt is different.

Go look at honda civic/acura integras, etc. I have some cloth mazda RX7 seats which are pretty decent and have cutouts for harnesses...

Just go spend an hour at a good pick and pull junkyard and check them out. Nothing better than a day at the junkyard.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Early celica seats are nice. The seats I have actually had some sort of a little back support system that you inflated by hand. It's still there, but not hooked up.

Also look up Hezco here in San Diego. They make bucket seats that are more comfy than the plastic summit seats, but not as nice as a beard. Last I checked, they were selling them for around $170 ea. We use them in the crawler, and the 7S truck. No complaints.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I prefer the mid-70's vinyl bench seats common in many Ford cars of that era!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
One of the buggies I wheel with uses some nice looking seats that are supposedly junkyard sourced from a Ford Probe.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am running 04 Acura RSX seats....They are nice...Got them for 100.00 and they only weight 13 pounds more than some of the comp. seats. That is after striping some stuff off of them.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
VW Golf GTI seats from a Mk3 Golf, they're the same Recaros that you'd get an a 911 of that era, just cloth instead of leather. Tons of lateral support and hold you in almost as well as a good comp seat would, they even work fairly well with 5pt harnesses. Last set I got came out of an 85 Golf,told the junk-yard guy they were from an old crappy VW and he let me have the pair with sliders for $20, sold them for $350 otherwise they'd be in my truck right now. The only down side is that they aren't really big-man approved.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
04 civic si - 02 up s-2000 any 01 up sti has recaro's 04up evo. You just have to look around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts