Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but could not find any pics on hipinion e lockers in front with a downey cable acuator. I was under the impression that they would fit untill I got third hand information that the cable would hit the springs or perch. The hipinion I got is presently being rebuilt for the swap so now I'm a little nervous . Please help!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I think It will work for the high pinion, but not the reg. Looking at mine(reg e locker) there is no way the cable will hook up. The spring is too close.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
OffroadRunner said:
I think It will work for the high pinion, but not the reg. Looking at mine(reg e locker) there is no way the cable will hook up. The spring is too close.
I was thinking the opposite, actually I can't see how ANY cable actuator would be able to fit in there, it's just too darned tight against the spring perch, espectially when you slide the U-bolts in place:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the pix. I still haven't received my cable kit, so there is still some hope! You guys just might see a high pinion for sale soon !:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
denver d said:
thanks for the pix. I still haven't received my cable kit, so there is still some hope! You guys just might see a high pinion for sale soon !:mad:
why would you sell a high pinion just because you cant use a cable?? just run it the way it was designed.....with 12 volts!!!::confused:

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
denver d said:
look me up if you really wanna get rid of it, ill trade you a reg pinion front with arb, all the fittings, switch gear and arb compressor.....setup by gearman....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey booger, don't know if you remember me from the memorial day trip to the rubicon, but I was riding with cory and those S.C.M.K boys. If you want to trade I would be stoked but I was hoping to get 5.29s. Call jake or cory or jhon and we'll hook it up:)

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
denver d said:
hey booger, don't know if you remember me from the memorial day trip to the rubicon, but I was riding with cory and those S.C.M.K boys. If you want to trade I would be stoked but I was hoping to get 5.29s. Call jake or cory or jhon and we'll hook it up:)
ill be damn, i was at jons house all weekend, jake and cory were there as well:D mine has 5.29's if thats what you were wondering?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awsome!! the diff is being built right now at central coast 4wd so I'll be getting it back hopefully sometime this week.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
why arent you gonna use it? its got the motor and wiring? what gears and brand?

you can PM me if you want so we dont get busted for chitchat i the tech deal...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am not sure that the pm got to you booger, I checked my sent items and the message wasn't there. The thing is being rebuilt at central coast 4wd and they are putting in 5.29s. I can't remember what brand, but they know that I am- or was going to hammer it so they wouldn't put in something cheap. I do not have the motor because at the time I can't find all the stuff to make it work for a good price. The cable was only 100 bucks and at the time seemed feasable. I just want to wheel and I had a buddy who was supposed to bring me a complete axle assembly out of a 85 and I was going to build it with the hipinion but he has been lagging. Still working on lining up a drive shaft and was going to wait untill I got all the parts so I could make sure that it would work with the hipion, so I haven't even had a chance to test out the new front suspension on the trail

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
boogs, i got a motor i dont need if my damn cable would show up.....

edit. realized i got a low pin motor, dont think theyre the same??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts