Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but could not find any pics on hipinion e lockers in front with a downey cable acuator. I was under the impression that they would fit untill I got third hand information that the cable would hit the springs or perch. The hipinion I got is presently being rebuilt for the swap so now I'm a little nervous . Please help!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
OffroadRunner said:
I think It will work for the high pinion, but not the reg. Looking at mine(reg e locker) there is no way the cable will hook up. The spring is too close.
I was thinking the opposite, actually I can't see how ANY cable actuator would be able to fit in there, it's just too darned tight against the spring perch, espectially when you slide the U-bolts in place:

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
denver d said:
thanks for the pix. I still haven't received my cable kit, so there is still some hope! You guys just might see a high pinion for sale soon !:mad:
why would you sell a high pinion just because you cant use a cable?? just run it the way it was designed.....with 12 volts!!!::confused:

·
Registered
25,884 Posts
denver d said:
thanks for the pix. I still haven't received my cable kit, so there is still some hope! You guys just might see a high pinion for sale soon !:mad:
look me up if you really wanna get rid of it, ill trade you a reg pinion front with arb, all the fittings, switch gear and arb compressor.....setup by gearman....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey booger, don't know if you remember me from the memorial day trip to the rubicon, but I was riding with cory and those S.C.M.K boys. If you want to trade I would be stoked but I was hoping to get 5.29s. Call jake or cory or jhon and we'll hook it up:)

·
Registered
25,884 Posts
denver d said:
hey booger, don't know if you remember me from the memorial day trip to the rubicon, but I was riding with cory and those S.C.M.K boys. If you want to trade I would be stoked but I was hoping to get 5.29s. Call jake or cory or jhon and we'll hook it up:)
ill be damn, i was at jons house all weekend, jake and cory were there as well:D mine has 5.29's if thats what you were wondering?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure that the pm got to you booger, I checked my sent items and the message wasn't there. The thing is being rebuilt at central coast 4wd and they are putting in 5.29s. I can't remember what brand, but they know that I am- or was going to hammer it so they wouldn't put in something cheap. I do not have the motor because at the time I can't find all the stuff to make it work for a good price. The cable was only 100 bucks and at the time seemed feasable. I just want to wheel and I had a buddy who was supposed to bring me a complete axle assembly out of a 85 and I was going to build it with the hipinion but he has been lagging. Still working on lining up a drive shaft and was going to wait untill I got all the parts so I could make sure that it would work with the hipion, so I haven't even had a chance to test out the new front suspension on the trail

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.