Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I realize this is halfway tech but bear with me.
I am borrowing my buddys engine hoist and have had it since December. It worked fine/went all the way up before New years and hadnt used it again till a month ago when I used it to hold a block/crank/rods/pistons up while I disassembled it. Ever since then, it wont go up all the way. I think it may just be low on fluid but I have no idea how to add it and what to use. The top looks like it unscrews and I would guess I pour fluid in there but I dont want to over fill it either.
Anyone got any advice?

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
been there before. Borrowed my buddys.. only he had it on its side so some fluid drained out. Go to the parts house, ask for my hydro fluid for a floor jack. pull out the screw, (on mine is is the one you use to lower it- for $150.. it is worth owning your own :flipoff2: ), and fill it up till it starts to overflow.

All done.
and your buddy will never know.

Garrett

·
Registered
146 Posts
well, same thing happened with my floor jack and atv jack, dont worry about overfilling it cause it wont go down all the way if its overfilled, i just filled it with some motor oil until it poured out, caped it let it down with the screw in then undid the screw and it splash out a bunch of shitty oil, so i guess i ended up flushing it too. yeh motor oil works fine, and its probably cheaper.

·
Registered
873 Posts
f-that, use jack fluid not motor oil or atf...if you do use the other junk you will have to replace all the nitrile o-rings.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it today, went to the hardware store and got jack fluid, finally found the damn fill/overflow plug on the side and filled it up. And it works fine now:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts