Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking to swap a fj80 front axle under my mini. i need everything hub to hub, perferably no e-locker and no ABS. thanks guys

--calvin

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
where are you located? I can think of one that might still be available in the Portland OR area

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
tchcalvin said:
im in lubbock, tx but i am willing to have it shipped in if the price is right
i just had one shipped fedex ground for $41

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
I'll try and get a # for you to call. The guy that had it is in Moab for the EJS so you'll have to wait till he gets back.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Have you decided how you are gonna connect the drag link?
I have seen 2 of these on mini's and the drag link suxed on both, they had to use z shaped and it really looked cheesy.
Butch

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
tchcalvin said:
im gonna have full hydro so no drag link!
OK.....you know these are under the axle type steering and there is currently no option for hi steer arms for this axle?

·
Registered
807 Posts
tchcalvin said:
hey guys im looking to swap a fj80 front axle under my mini. i need everything hub to hub, perferably no e-locker and no ABS. thanks guys

--calvin
Why not ABS, you just plug the hole, or use it to make an arm that will mount 3 ways.
Why not the E-locker?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
texican said:
OK.....you know these are under the axle type steering and there is currently no option for hi steer arms for this axle?
ya i know this but OTT sells theirs for 550 and knuckle machining and i am thinking about home brewing something. cary at gotpropane.com did the same swap and i was thinking about copying his work.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scott39 said:
Why not ABS, you just plug the hole, or use it to make an arm that will mount 3 ways.
Why not the E-locker?
abs-- ?????? i just figured it would be easier

e-locker--- i have a lock rite layin around and i think that it will be ok.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
tchcalvin said:
ya i know this but OTT sells theirs for 550 and knuckle machining
Are you positive? I thought i heard they stopped making/selling those. Hopefully i am wrong! Link?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is still on their web site and i also talked with sleeoffroad and they said "i can make no promises, but we are working on some" so, i cant do the crossover i thought about getting a tie rod from bud built and once it is sleaved it will be like 3/8" thick and 1.50" od soooo........ that might be an option.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i may do a coustom diamon axle, it may be easier and cheeper in the long run, just swap some of my old mini parts into it.

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
i just had one shipped fedex ground for $41
$41 to ship an axle? Carparts.com carries fj80 complete axles? Are you out of your mind.........! Are you on weed?

·
Registered
807 Posts
OTT stop making theirs, I talked to them back in early Feduary.
I hope Slee Offroad would make some, I live about 10 minutes away from them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts