Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to get the RE 4.5" long arm and I hear the install instructions suck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
TJflex said:
About to get the RE 4.5" long arm
4.5" doesn't seem that LONG to me.:confused:

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

JohnnyJ is right... This ain't the place. The Newbie Tech forum might be nicer about it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Don't let the jealous pussies get you down. They just wish they had chromemoly log arms. Just wad up the instructions and you'll do fine. On the rear... the rubber bushings go on the axle (this is wrong in the instructions) did you burn the instructions yet? The rest is self-explanatory. Beast40 was alot of help when I suffered the misery of the bad instructions...AIM me or I'm sure he wouldn't mind either if you get in a pickle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
TJ flex - I thought the instructions were fine, I don't remember any steps missing. I will say that it doesn't tell you how to weld, turn a wrench, drill holes that are level and square. It also won't explain how to do a slip yoke, or what technique you use to remove the control arm mounts. It will give you the correct lengths of the control arms, and it will tell you to make sure those measurements work for you. The instruction assume that you have some metal working skills, mechanical skills, and basic suspension seteup knowlege. Oh you will also need all the tools to do the job right. Can't forget it's best to have a 1 inch body lift, 1 inch motor mount lift, slip yoke conversion, and the longer brake lines installed prior to the actual installation of the kit. Next install just the cross member/skid plate. At that point you start the suspension installation. Here is a photo of my friend Kevin who is summing up the installation, or is that the number of days he helped on the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts