Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need your help. I would post this in the 'wanted' section, but I will be travelling from Tennessee to Connecticut next week, and thought it might save some trouble w/ shipping if I can get lucky enough to find someone with a good Samurai transfer case and a good 5 speed for sale for a reasonable price.

If it makes any difference, these will be going in the OILBURNER :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Where in CT are you headed? There good amount of us Zuk guys around here and I'm sure we could locate these things for you.

Koko

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goldmember said:
Where in CT are you headed? There good amount of us Zuk guys around here and I'm sure we could locate these things for you.

Koko
We'll be crossing the entire state, then back again on I-84. Up there visiting the wife's family so if any of you locals (or anyone along the way!) got a good deal lemme know. I will have a couple days free & can meet you. Please no junk - that I already have ;)

Thanks for the info Bill -

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
What route are you taking to get there? I am in Fayetteville, NC (off I-40/I-95) and have a t-case.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll be turning onto I-81 at Knoxville so we won't be close but
thanks NC I will keep you in mind - if I can't pick up one next week I'll give ya a holler -

·
Registered
448 Posts
I live right off (5miles) off of I84 at the Mass/CT border. Whats your price range? I'll bug few of the guys in my local clubs for parts.

Koko

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I live off of I-77 north of Charleston.
I could come up with a stock t-case and tranny if it was worth my while.
Between my collection and my buddy's collection of suzukis I'm sure we could part with a couple.

BTW, you all are wlecome to stay the night at my house to split your trip into two days. It's a long hard drive to Conn. from here, you'll have to stop somewhere along the way.

Let me know what dates and I'll let you know what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
hehe - I have a couple of my 1.9 broke in here in Alaska - ok, not on your route, I was more curious to hear if the Oilburner tore 'em up or not(I killed two trannies). Tell you what, my ACME adapter has the Toy tranny bolted up smooth and easy. Looking forward to the 33 pound flywheel action.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did hurt a stock Samurai transfer case in Moab, but it was the front output ring - you know, the one that Petroworks recomends you flip & put a .040" shim under the bushing to make sure it enguages better... (doh)

The stock Sammy 5-speed is just 'wo out - not broke.

Silver Zuke: could you PM me a phone number? Thanks :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hey Oilburner - I have a noisey but good 5 speed transmisson - in NY about 1/2 hour south of Albany, also have a stock t-case that I may willing to part with if the price is right.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
0ILBURNER said:
.... but it was the front output ring - you know, the one that Petroworks recomends you flip & put a .040" shim under the bushing to make sure it enguages better... (doh)
I dont remember reading anything about this......it could explain why I blew up my 4.16:1 gearset a month ago. I have not torn it down to look yet (been too busy getting things ready to go on the new buggy).

Sorry for the Hi-jack....but I may be interested in a stocker t-case as well just to get rolling again.

Anybody?

·
Registered
247 Posts
0ILBURNER said:
I did hurt a stock Samurai transfer case in Moab, but it was the front output ring - you know, the one that Petroworks recomends you flip & put a .040" shim under the bushing to make sure it enguages better... (doh)

The stock Sammy 5-speed is just 'wo out - not broke.

Silver Zuke: could you PM me a phone number? Thanks :)
does that mean for 1400 bucks they put them in? :mad3: and that's why mine fawked up already :mad3: :mad3:

AZ

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Tim, did you come up with anything?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Gonna pull down the case this weekend, I'll know what I need then.

I'm hoping its something little :shaking: yea right...

I really did not have new gears in the budget since I decided to buy Chris' old rig. :(

I'll post a new thread with pics this weekend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well if you cant come up with anything let me know, but it seems to me that most everyone has you covered. I do however live right off of I-81 going north bound towrd NY. I am 5 mins from the exit. I have plenty of trannys an t cases an they could be yours cheap if you still need them. Pm if you want them. TOM

·
Registered
766 Posts
tcase in pa

i have a good transfercase and a not so hot tranny out of a 95 sammy. i'm about an hour north of philly but its not to far out of your way they are yours for a good deal. my # is 610 417 2495 if you want to call

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I picked up what I needed from Brian in TN - thanks to all that offered to help :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts