Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
fj40john said:
Anyone have the hard brakeline that goes between the stock prop valve and the tee on the frame for the rear brakes for a '77 fj40?? I suck with bending tube...or I would make my own.:rolleyes:
I don't have it but check with the dealer, some of the preformed OEM brakes lines are pretty cheap.

John H

·
Registered
363 Posts
john iif you run out of ideas, there's a place very close to my house which can make pipes/fittings for anything in any shape. I'd just ask them to make a stainless steel braided wire of the appropriate length and you can route it any which way you please... all you need is to bring in one of the fittings, and they'll match it for you.. "south Houston hydraulics" near I-45 south off of Airport exit near Hobby airport.. i can pick up for you if needed.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I figured out a better idea...with the stock hardline, I would still have to find an adapter from metric to SAE for my prop valve, OR flare an SAE fitting onto the line (haven't had good luck with the flare tool). I am just going to get an SAE to metric fitting (I know exactly where they are, and I even know the part number) and run a looooong SAE preflared line to my prop valve...that way everythign is wellmade and should work better. If anythign changes, I will be sure to PM you guys for the help...Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts