Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , I need some help right away if you can....... let me give you a little back ground first. I bought a 75 dodge D100 for my daily driver, and whover owned it before me stripped the nut holding the hub on the axle, which resulted in a nasty break of the hub while i was on the road...... thank god I was not on the freeway and only going 5 miles an hour when the hub seperated...... seeing as how I have no free time now i had the truck towed to the local shop, Now I am thinking of swapping in another front axle, I want to find something that does not have the bad wheel bearing design that was used from something like 74-79 but i do not know what year axle to look for that will make an easy swap..... the dodge is equiped with a 318, 727 3 speed and np205 tranfer case... minus the front drive shaft .... any help or advice would be much appericated....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just swap the knuckles out from a 81-93
You will have different bolt patterns so you will need new wheels
if you want the rears to match you will need the rear axle shafts side gears and brakes to get the same bolt pattern on all four wheels

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the info Gmule....... i will look into it tommorow. but when i talked to the mechanic he said there may be a problem with the front axle itself..... so i am kinda looking for a complete swap if possible....... I am going tomorrow to see what the mechanic is talking about

1 - 3 of 3 Posts