Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the ranger 3.0 brackets/accessories are too wide, and hang off the front of the engine too far for comfort. I could make it work, but I want to do it right. The 96-98 Taurus accessories/brackets/tensioner/water pump/everything will bolt on in place and save considerable headache... Anybody have/seen/know of a wreck that I can get these parts from? I have it posted in the wanted section, no bites yet. Also surfing ebay daily, but I getting really anxious to get this on the road...TIA, Mike.

·
Premium Member
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2wd tranny is too long unless you move the tcase back. I was unwilling to do this and wanted to use a dana 300, so I cut the tailhousing off and made an adapter. I have the guts from an np231 , so I will toss the adapter, and make a planetary 2.72 underdrive later. The overall length is 1" longer than stock, will be .5" shorter than samurai with the taurus accessories. A 4wd would probably be a better place to start, but I don't know because I don't have one....

·
Registered
456 Posts
hell been there done that got a ford 2.8 in my 88 sammy yes i moved the t case back about three inches.i didnt have to change annything in front i just built the sammy around it streached the fenders and hood about 8" whn its all said and done works great other than the gears are really stought with the 2wd ford tranny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts