Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone done a full PSC cylinder assist kit on an '03 - '06 TJ?

I'm working on this install, and I'm hung up on getting the steering shaft connected to the steering box. I've drilled out the plastic pin as shown in the PSC tech article here: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/pdf/tech/TJ_SG400.pdf. The problem is that I can't get the lower section to slide either way. It needs to slide in some to shorten the over-all length. I don't know how forceful I can get with it - don't want to fuck it up.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I did do a search and found a few threads about doing the install on Jeeps and other vehicles, but nothing on this specific issue.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Use a bigger drill bit? Maybe you didn't get the whole pin. Then smack it with a bigger hammer like suggested.

Your title is misleading, this has nothing to do with installing a hydro cylinder.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use a bigger drill bit? Maybe you didn't get the whole pin. Then smack it with a bigger hammer like suggested.

Your title is misleading, this has nothing to do with installing a hydro cylinder.
Changed the title, it was a little misleading I guess.

I did get the entire pin out, btw. I'll have to show it a little more love with the 4 lb. I moved on to some other things to make some progress and haven't got back to the steering shaft.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You might also get it to move by applying a little heat with a torch.

I think I actually drilled the pin and then used the torch while pushing it in and out. After that it moved freely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts