Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isnt "Hardcore" tech, but some of you know me and know my motives are good! For those who have not followed my postes in the general chit-chat, I am in the middle of an around the country trip! 2 months ago I sold everything I own(including my rig!) packed up everything else and moved into the back of my truck to tour the United States and see everything it has to offer. Needless to say after almost 10,000 miles in 2 months I need to do routine maintenace and have no garage to do it in, nor can I afford to pay someone else. I am calling out to all the great toyota folk who helped me time and again build a very capable rock rig! My clutch and timing chain need some help, and I need a hand fixing it. I am more than willing to give some help around the house or do whatever needs to get done for some time in your garage and some help changing these things out.

I am currently in Minnisota, but I will soon be in Michigan, New York and all the way up and down the east coast, so I am willing to drive to where ever you are.

Please PM me if you will be able to help, I would be most grateful and willing to repay you anyway I can. I have a 93 toyota pickup w/ 22re. If anyone is more interested in my trip, drop me a line and I will be more than happy to fill them in on this increadible trip I have been a part of!

Thanks again,
Matt Ruskow
[email protected]
818-281-3988 :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hornett22 said:
if you make it to hartford ct i'll let u use a garage and tools.steve
cool... I should be able to make it there no problem. Anybody else along the way that is familiar with swapping out a timing chain, I have never done one before and I have my doubts about being able to do it myself!

·
Registered
652 Posts
i'm in mayrland and i'm getting ready to do one here. if you make it down this far let me know.

dave

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
t chain is cake!

just time consuming.buy a good one and get metal guides if you have a 22r re.i also throw away the one in the after market kit and buy a toyota tensioner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts