Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im going to ask about running 35" tires (yes i tried the search and you guys dont talk about 300-6s much:p ).
I have 3.00 in my 150 whith a 300-6 and im wondering if it will be able to pull a set 35" M/Ts. I have heard that it gets kinda gutless and thus i am starting to lean towards 33" muds to get some more power. Anyone have any exp. whith running this sort of set up. Any additionall info on my 150 is in the sig.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I 've owned a '84 Bronco. it had 3.55 gears and a carbed 300-I6. 31" tall tires was as much as it wanted to pull. I've driven a '79 Bronco with a 351M and 3.50 gears with 35" tires. It was a total dog on acceleration.
So to answer your question on your set-up with 3.00 gears......For get about it!

4.11 at a minimum. 4.56 would be better for that size engine.

Eric

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've got an '81 FS Bronco that has 3.55 gears in it and a 302 and run 35x15x15 TSL's on it on the road by itself is ok when going up a hill not a bump but a hill there is a little but of slow down but not much. when towing flat its a little more noticeable.
On the same hills there is quite a slow down in speed and sometimes drops to second but it doesn't bug me. Enough to merit a gear swap.

My '86 FS Bronco that had a 300 6cyl in it same tires it was about the same all around and had 3.50 gears in it. Since then its gotten a 460 swap and 4.56's detroits and is mainly my mudd buggy so I dont tow with it unless I'm going to play in it and the Jeep. It pulls anyhting I attached to it now so no worries there. :D

ideally I'd say a gear swap would be best it all depends on what you want it to do. but it will lag in your case if you stay with the stock gear ratio. and go with 35's hope this helps you out. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Alright thanks. Ill try 33s whith my stock ratios i dont have the money to do a gear swap, and ill just be running trails nothing that realy merits huge mods.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok another question, i will probly be getting some 33"x 10.50R15 BFG muds. What kind of wheel should i run em whith, 15x8? and what kind of back spacing will i need so i dont rub too bad on my radius arms. The truck wont be lifted.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
15x8's are perfect for a 10.5 width tire. Don't go any wider! 3.5 BS should be good for the wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts