Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend in the US Army who is deployed to Iraq owns a '85 FJ-60. His wife was driving it and the e-brake mechanism grenaded.

I disassembled it yesterday and Mark W. of Wasilla, AK LC fame is hot-shipping a new speedo drive unit as we speak. He' also sourcing a new e-brake cable.

Pics and more discussion here: http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1590&PN=1

What I need from Pirate is a *pdf of the exploded diagram from the FSM of the e-brake/speedo unit mechanism so I that I can put it back together correctly the first time. I'm not a LC expert.

If you have a electronic copy or know where I can find one, please PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can find a complete FSM on birfeild.com. Is this a parking brake on the back of the transfer case? From your description it sounds like it but if it is it's NOT standard FJ60 stuff. Maybe the same as a pre-80 FJ40/55. Don't worry though as my FSM for the '60 series does cover it, just be aware when ordering parts that it is NOT OEM for North America.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruiser guy said:
You can find a complete FSM on birfeild.com. Is this a parking brake on the back of the transfer case? From your description it sounds like it but if it is it's NOT standard FJ60 stuff. Maybe the same as a pre-80 FJ40/55. Don't worry though as my FSM for the '60 series does cover it, just be aware when ordering parts that it is NOT OEM for North America.
Thanks for the hint. Could you give me some help here, where is it located on that site? Search didn't do a thing for me.

Mark W., Wasilla, AK Land Cruiser expert is doing any ordering.

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
697 Posts
This rig has a Wardens Billet T/C (early style, non-split) so the ebrake is on the T/C not the rear wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Albin said:
Thanks for the hint. Could you give me some help here, where is it located on that site? Search didn't do a thing for me.

Mark W., Wasilla, AK Land Cruiser expert is doing any ordering.

Thanks,

Al
http://www.birfield.com/downloads-cat-1.html Pick the one that works best for you. I'd recommend the 1980 Body/Chassis manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts