Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The transmission solenoid seal in my EO4D was leaking oil up into the plug shorting it out and causing hard shifts. After blowing out the oil with the air compressor it would drive and shift fine so figured I would just replace the solenoid since it is a 93. After replacing it and filling the trans with new fluid went for a drive just to find that it slams into 2-4 gear. Checked connectors and they all seem fine also tried disconnecting the batteries thinking the computer might need to reset but didn't seem to do anything. I'm out of ideas so any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The previous owner supposedly installed a shift kit in it so I do expect to have firm shifts but this issue feels more like getting rear ended. Its not normal but can't think what else it would be. I also replaced and adjusted the tps a few months back but wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it either.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
check your fluid level. How much fluid did you put in after you changed the solenoid body?

I'd guess you are a bit low any flashing O/D light with the rough shifts?

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Did you change the whole solenoid pack? If you did you'll have to update the wiring connection pinout.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
Unplugged EPC solenoid will make it shift hard, but nothing wrong with that, hard shifts are good shifts.

btw, "solenoid" and "e4od"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts