Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 95' Wrangler, 2.5L, and the only way I can ever get the 4WD to engage is by putting it in 4 LO, driving real slow and turning hard to the right and left. After doing this, I will hear a loud popping sound and the 4WD will engage. After this, the 4WD will engage from 2WD to 4WD like it should. But after driving in 2WD for along time, it wont engage in 4WD again w/o doing the above.

While in 4WD sitting on jack stands, I hear a very loud popping sound from the front axle while turning hard to the left or right, the axle also shakes very bad.

I have taken off the Actuator and the fork and collar seemed fine. There is alittle gap between the 2WD and the 4WD axles, dont know if this will cause problems or not.

How much vacuum should be felt from the vacuum hose that connects to the Actuator? The vacuum from the Intake is very strong, but the vacuum at the end of the hose is very weak, almost none there, is this whats causing it?

The 4WD used to engage flawlessly before.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4WD is FIXED!!!

My 4WD is fixed, FINALLY!!

Took the vacuum hoses off and found that one of the hoses from the vacuum switch to the actuator had a small hole in it, I repaired if, as a temp. fix, and it works like a charm now..:)

Thanks guys for all the help, it's much appreciated..:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts