Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i got a customer with a 78 chevy /auto tranny and 38's on. what can he do to recalibrate the speedo? any suggestions are appreciated
thanks eric

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
three things, take it to a speedo shop and get a new gear on the ind of the cable that comes out of the t-case, live with it, or do what i did and just take the needle off the speedo and put it back on in a different position. it doesnt make it accurate through all the range, but good enough to get a somewhat accurate freeway speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dakota digital sales a great speedo available in a cluster that fits like it came from the factory or as a stand alone. I installed the cluster for 700 bucks because none of my gauges were working. But the speedo it self allows you to calibrate for any size tire, tranny, or rear end gear ratio. It is a little spendy but I think its worth it.

·
Registered
8,710 Posts

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
KWTMECH said:
That is why I was asking what gear ratio and trans
It would be nice when people ask questions that they would provide the info needed to answer them :D

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
KWTMECH said:
Or tell you where they live when they want parts shipped:shaking:
We must be reading the same threads :laughing:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you guys read my first post again, it says a customers vehicle, and not mine. if i had more info, i would have posted it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts