Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 83 toyota is pretty built, cant figure out how to get pictures up yet, but is there any way to go cheap or do it yourself on four link suspension? im pretty set up, but i just need to get that crazy vertical flex going on like all the buggies. i got a flatbed and need suggestions. how can i get that dumby flex. i got 63" chevy leaf springs in rear, dual cases, 5.29 gears, detroit lockers, exo, etc. need all the help i can get. lookin for a cheap way around the $1500 they want for 4 link suspension. to pricy. i can take bullshit all day, but if you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, or know only as much as me, you are no help so dont put in your helpless attempts to sound like a hardcore wheeler.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
There's a cool little tab called "search" located a little right of center and directly above your post...try using it.:shaking: There are literally HUNDREDS of threads on building "custom" four links...fuck, there are probably at least one hundred just in the fawking Toyota section.:shaking:

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
You gotta pay for those! Pm John John or Robbybobby and ask them about their alagawddamnbama buggy spring setup.

Meddle fangers :flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
You need to takee off the shackles, and run a slipper pad. Similar deal to what trailers run, it allows the spring to droop like mad on the low side, but compresses nice and smooth, plus no shacklles to hang up.
I'd post pics but I cant find any at the moment, I'm sure you can figure it out though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, much appreciated, I have a $ budget, the revolver shackles really work huh? I'm reading over the box right now. Will MSG the guys referred to in posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
if you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, or know only as much as me, you are no help so dont put in your helpless attempts to sound like a hardcore wheeler.
Why would you come here and start by cussing us out and calling us wannabe hardcore wheelers?
Who built your rig?

·
ProMod #22
1,598 Posts
Why would you come here and start by cussing us out and calling us wannabe hardcore wheelers?
Who built your rig?
He joined this month and jumped right into gen4x4 without getting flamed so he must know more then most of us, plus as everybody is aware pirate is mainly a bunch of web wheeling ass holes that never put there mall crawlers in 4wd. Not to mention this guy sounds like he accualy wheels pretty hardcore so even though hes a newb he commands respect :mr-t:

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
The 5 link is gonna be the only way to keep it under $1500. Much simpler design and much better flex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input, looking forward for the membership. And just throwing out there, if you are new to pirate, it doesn't mean you're new to wheelin. Lance just finally convinced me to make one. After last visit over with his jeep. Wish I had the money to get those military lockers like his. Heavy duty no doubt. Btw I had the teraflex but looking to go bigger.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Have you looked into the mono-coil yet? Probably the cheapest way to get flex! Post or link some pics of your crawler for us.

Wow, just wow.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
No, no!

Buggy leaf springs springs are where it is at...

That or 1/4 elliptical....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts