Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Holy long leafsprings batman...

Hope you aren't planning on any compression travel?

I'd say get a compact car power motor and cut it down to size...what are you going to do for glass anyhow?

·
Registered
329 Posts
????????????

That's an awful lot of work to be smashin up wheelin. but far too ugly to assemble as a show vehicle................

I LIKE IT!!!!! ........I think.

WTF? power windows though? The added work and headaches aren't worth it. Its actually pretty :rainbow: IMHO. The windows aren't even going to work after you tag that side on a tree (in Oregon) or a boulder (in the hammers, Cali).

Better yet, make the doors removeable.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like the I dea of the cab, I always wanted to do that to my old 82. As far as the electric window deal, look in some of the hot rod mags, they have a few different companies that make a really universal kit that just travels strait up and don wich seems to be what you need.

Hope this helps
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
You are real lucky you included a sweet pic of some custom dual cab work - or else this :rainbow: post would have gotten the boot :p

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Put a manual window in it. wheeling is best enjoyed with the doors off! I have power windows and doors on mine, and pulling the doors is a PITA, all because of the wiring. I'd rather have regular windows and locks myself, besides thats obvioulsy a trail rig, no sense making it any more complicated than it already is. ;)

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
might try a s10/blazer p/w motor, I will get you a pic and the size, I have an old one I replaced in my sisters rig, real simple design, I will post iot on cascadecrawlers site with your rig.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
61,972 Posts
big4294x4 said:
I hate my power windows with a passion. Why would anyone ever add them?
I would love to add power windows, power door locks, and remote door lock to my DD 87 4Runner... modern conveniences rock :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.