Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have pretty much finished the 8" lift on my 95 F-350. I am making new extended links for the F/R sway-bars. I had some 7/8ths DOM .5" thickness drilled and tapped for heim joints for the upper mount on the links. The bottom will have a stock style stud and 2 bushings. My ? is this, the pinion is pointing towards the T-case, I am wondering what apprx. angle I should be running the sway bar at, to also determine link length. Should the bar be parallel to the ground or orientated like the d-shaft.? That is what I need to know? thanks.....Mo

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
Sway bar position....

I would try and keep it parallel to the ground, If you do have to angle it, try and keep the angles to a bare minimum. This will give you a better range of motion, and help it fight the body roll. Wich is why its there. You may want to ask some of our Ford Gurus around here, but I was always told to keep it as close to flat as possible. Hope that helps....
Jeremy

·
Banned
1,836 Posts
for Justin...

Yeah bro, something like that anyways....I guess there is a exception to anything, but I would extend the links enough to keep the sway bar close to the factory level... Jeremy

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise. I should have stated my lift variables.
1) Has the Sky manufacturing rear shackle flip.
2) I kept the stock highboy block and added a 3" tapered spacer to bring
the pinion pointing towards the T-case.
3) The shackle flip moved the rear axle forward 1". This would not allow the
driveshaft to even be installed onto the rear pinion.
4) I moved the axle back 2" so d-shaft would work.
5) I did this more for measurement purposes, as I will in a short bit be
ordering a set of custom spring to do away with the blocks, I wanted to
know exactly what I needed(height-wise) before ordering.
That said since the springs are further back and the top swaybar hangers are still in the stock location, I am wondering if a flat scenario for the bar is what is call for...............Mo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts