Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I just bought this Mog and I am told it is a 1956 radio box. It appears to be a 404 but I cant seem to find any others with this cab. Its a tall hardtop with a fold down double front windshield. Notice the small triangular windows in front of the doors. The cab looks factory original. Can anyone tell me more about my new toy?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It looks like a soft cab converted to a hard cab. The doors on the soft cabs have that triangle cut out of the doors just like in the pic.

It appears to have a radio box with some aftermarket type window added and possibly a pop up roof?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the its got a pop top and the canvas is like brand new. It looks like it has additional fuel tanks beacuse there are two on each side. Not sure if that is stock or not.
I agree that it has similarities to the soft cab, but I dont think its a conversion to a hard cab. It looks too well done. There is no evidence of splicing or anything. The whole cab looks like a factory item inside and out.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I agree with unimogken. It's a hybrid with soft and hard cabs parts. There is no factory-made 404 like this.

The whole cab looks like a factory item inside and out.
Be happy about that!!! It's made by professionals.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
No offense or anything but its really hard to tell whats what from that picture.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes I know the picture is bad. I took it with my cell phone. When I take possesion of the unit and get it home, I will take many more pictures and post them. I dont even really have to do a restoration because it was done before it was parked 10 years ago. It just needs a major clean up and probably some paint.

You will see when I get new pics that, if this is a hybrid cab, it was done by an excellent fabricator. I design and fabricate with metal for a living, and I cant tell that its not an original cab.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts