Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a 78 land crusier and it is rusted out pretty goog does anyone know where i can get body parts for this rig?:(

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
first off, welcome to the cruiser section of pirate. second, your question is pretty vague so a little more info is needed to get a reasonable answer. what parts do you need, where you are at, use of rig (trail beater, daily driver, full resto etc) what your budget is, what your abilities are for making repairs etc... adding this info to your post will help out alot to get you the info you need. ih8bud.com is a landcruiser only website with ALOT of info for your cruiser and you should check them out as well...

chris:cool2:

edit: yep, typo on my part... thanks mike... ih8mud.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link. im from cincinnati,ohio heres some pics tell me if its even worth the buy. $200-400.
the guy wants 400 for it but well see if i can talk him down some.
im going to use it for trail only but i think the body will fall off.
i can do body work ,welding, etc. heres the pics but they seem a little
to big sorry

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Though I have seen worse restored, that is a parts truck.

It could be brought back, but you may be better off finding something in better shape. It looks like most late model trucks around here. Check the rear spring hangers at the very rear of the frame. On trucks that look like this, there is usually a hole there.

All that being said, it is worth the money as a parts truck, as it has a disk brake front end, late model stuff, and the windshield frame looks ok (although I would want to see under it for holes.)

If you decide to rebuild it- you will be close friends with www.aqualu.com or with gozzardcomposites.com

edit- does the last pic look like the rear shackle goes THROUGH the frame to anyone? Must have torn the hanger off??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

the guy said it runs all it needs is a fuel pump and the 4x4 works.
he said he drove it right out of another persons yard.
just part it out?
thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
parts truck for sure. assuming the frame is rusted as bad as the rest is. 200-400 if it runs would be worth it if you have the time to part it. vent windows in the hardtop, door panels, dash/cluster/upper-lower dash pad/disk brakes/ driveshafts and such are just some of the stuff where i think you could make a profit on. or find a west coast cruiser that is incomplete and use this one for parts. ebay is your friend for top dollar, however, selling on mud or pirate for resonable prices to keep these things alive goes much further as far a "cruiser karma" i have found... besides the friendships that ensue from this are much more valuable than the vehicle. either way it works out.. good luck to you

chris:cool2:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
parts truck, And I think thats part of that bumper welded to the frame.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I like the tail pipe and muffler plumbed into the cab. Maybe the owner was tired of the rust?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts