Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need pics of FAILED cages. You know, then ones that have folded over, or failed in some way. Stories along with them would be great or web page links.

It's for educational use, not for ragging on people or anything like that. If I can compile a good collection, I'll share the info.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Paging Bones to the "Failed Exo" isle.... Paging Bones... :flipoff2:

I agree neat thread. Post up people. We want to mock you. :rolleyes: :p :D

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Here is my current errr cage, gauranteed to fail no matter what and leaves me feeling uneasy (Need money to build a good one).

This should be the ultimate example of what not to build (I have learned alot since this mistake and its an old pic).

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
I'd love to send you pics of failed cages-- but those built here in Benderville have been flop/roll/endo tested-- and so far, NO failures !! (sorrrrrry-- not)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
ttt

this can be a very useful thread of what not to do when building a cage. lets see some pic's!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
anybody survive a failed cage long enuf to take a pic? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
TNToy said:
Paging Bones to the "Failed Exo" isle.... Paging Bones... :flipoff2:

I agree neat thread. Post up people. We want to mock you. :rolleyes: :p :D
Come on man! Cut me some slack. Least I'm not a waterhead now. I wouldn't say it FAILED, maybe a C- though :flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
Toyman, there was a good one of the unimog-buggy a while back in that thread about some guys new buggy... PS - how's the buggy? I still enjoy going through your buildup pictires - one of my all-time fave's....just wondering how it's worked for you?

Slowerthanu.....I like your attitude, and courage.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BillaVista said:
Toyman, there was a good one of the unimog-buggy a while back in that thread about some guys new buggy... PS - how's the buggy? I still enjoy going through your buildup pictires - one of my all-time fave's....just wondering how it's worked for you?

Slowerthanu.....I like your attitude, and courage.
It works really good. Right now I'm putting in a smaller fuel cell and smaller winch in the rear, and just one battery. That should shave about 200 lbs off the rear. I've since re-done the link bar mounts/skid plate. I'll post pics when I get it done next week.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
As far as I can remember he was going up an incline and he just rolled I guess he died cause of that. That is about as much as I can remember, it may be wrong but I recall seeing the pics

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was up there the day it happened. Our group crossed paths with this guy earlier in the day. Best I can remember he was up there alone and got in a bad spot. He couldnt recover from it and ended up rolling.

The bad part of rolling on Red Cone or Webster Pass is that its a long way to the bottom. IIRC, he was retained inside the body when it separated from the frame, but his dog was ejected early. First rescuers had a hard time tending to him because the dog was being protective.

Kevin

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Jaffer said:
Let's not forget this one in Webber Pass two years ago.
A good illustration pointing out the need for frame tie ins.
RIP ...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Took me a second to even realize that the body seperated from the frame there, and it wasn't really two Jeeps!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

I'd say, in a roll, the unsupported halo on this one would make a nice necklace.
Or noose. :eek:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kilby said:

I'd say, in a roll, the unsupported halo on this one would make a nice necklace.
Or noose. :eek:
I think we have a winner for the cage mostly likely to make it into the darwin awards. Somebody needs to talk to that guy about leverage and ASAP.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts