Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any links or charts that help you price out varrious parts on these things?
'79 reg cab 400/4sp with flatbed

If this belongs in another folder let me know which
thanks

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
never heard of such a thing for any vehicle, i guess the parts are worth what people are willing to pay

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wes8517 said:
never heard of such a thing for any vehicle, i guess the parts are worth what people are willing to pay
I mainly want the front axle for my Taco. the rest...? it runs, engine is super clean but lots of undercarriage rust.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i think he bought the truck whole, took the front axle, and now is selling the rest, but doesnt know what to ask.

the trans, tcase and rear axle are worth some money, no more than 100-200 each. everything else greatly depends on condition (body panels, interior, etc).

easiest solution, either sell the truck as it complete minus front axle, or take out the rest of the drivetrain, sell each piece for BO, and either junk the rest or sell as one piece.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SquattyD said:
i think he bought the truck whole, took the front axle, and now is selling the rest, but doesnt know what to ask.

the trans, tcase and rear axle are worth some money, no more than 100-200 each. everything else greatly depends on condition (body panels, interior, etc).

easiest solution, either sell the truck as it complete minus front axle, or take out the rest of the drivetrain, sell each piece for BO, and either junk the rest or sell as one piece.
yup, that's it.

it runs and is "drivable" but I wouldn't trust it on the hwy. I'll post in classifieds once I figure out what to ask for the parts. It will be in Cloverdale eventually.

thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mondtster said:
You could try car-part .com and see what axles like that are going for in your area...
wow, pricy, LOL I hardly thing the front axle is really worth a grand, :laughing:

thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A complete F250 frontend cost me $200 at PnP + my time and labor. I see them at PnP all the time.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rckwrangler said:
A complete F250 frontend cost me $200 at PnP + my time and labor. I see them at PnP all the time.
yea, that sounds more reasonable. I had a good laugh when I saw that one listing ;)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SquattyD said:
some of those 78/79 f250's had a d60 kingpin hp front, and that would be worth it.

the d44hd however, is not.
ah, maybe that's why it was priced so high.
the truck I bought has a leafsprung D44 HP with 3" tubes, full width. I'll just have it cut down to better fit my Taco.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts