Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am into my sas for my 94 and am having coils spring length issues.
I ordered fabtech fts128 coils which are supposed to be an 8" lift spring for a 2 wheel drive truck, but they measure 22 inches unsprung, which is .5 inches more that my superlift coils for a 6" ttb lift for a 94 bronco. these same superlifts measure 17.5 sprung under the weight of my bronco with my heavy bumper and winch. i was hoping to gain an extra inch or2 with the sas and new springs. BUT, as the 79 buckets are approx 1.5 inches taller than ttb, I think I am going to come up short.
So am i missing some added height in there somewhere ( maybe from the axle??? Which I doubt) or am I fubar and need to get some different springs? Does anyone have some spring lengths they can give me for different lifts that would give good flex with a wristed arm? A friend used skyjacker 10 " lift coils and he thinks they measure 23" unsprung, but are these stock springs going to limit flex?
thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think the 80-96 springs will work with the 78/79 spring tower. You're probably going to need to order some 78/79 lift springs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i used superlift 9" lift coils for a '78 1/2 ton with stock TTB upper coil buckets.
rear has 4" springs, a shackle flip, and a 1.5" block
all springs are well used and sagged.
this combination came from lots of testing with different amounts of lift.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
You can move your spring buckets down if the springs you have don't give you enough lift. I've heard of some people lowering them as much as four inches.

·
Registered
701 Posts
if you kept the stock coil towers a 3.5 EB spring will net you about 6 inchs of lift a 5.5 will give you about 8inchs of lift a solid axle is were it all plays in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like ALX said

Damon why don't you get the same ones that Mark has ????

Get the one that is for the 351 with a winch and that should be about right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts