Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 82 bronco full stock. i looking for some ideas n suggestions on what i should do. has a strong 351w but everything else has to go. looking at dana 60 front n rear. so give a newbie some help to knock those chevy's and toyota's off the trail

·
Registered
249 Posts
HP 60 with long arms up front, full hydro, spool. LP 60 rear, spool, 4 link rear. 435 or 4500, 205 or atlas. 4" lift with 37's to 42's, trim the rear, glass the front. Happy chevy/heep hunting:D:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
straight axle 44 the front. there's nothing wrong with them. you're biggest problem will be weight and cog anyway. that's a heavy truck with a short wheelbase. You should have a 9" rear, plenty strong with a few upgrades. You can build a great rig for a minimal investment with the platform you have. Probably has the AOD tranny, if not it's a c6. Either are good transmissions. I'd guess probably a 1345 or 208 tcase. I'd replace it with a 1356, just my opinion. Custom radius arms with a trac bar like the 77.5-79 Broncos/F150s would be fine too. Don't overthink the whole thing at first, you'll get overwhelmed. Build what you can as you can afford to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts