Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
WTF, your question is being mocked because it involves some gay ass show truck mall cruiser shit, 44's are pretty much useless on a stock wheelbase TJ

you need to visit the scary steering page to witness the stupidy of what you are trying to accomplish here

http://128.83.80.200/taco/scarysteering.html

enjoy :flipoff2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i cant believe all you people are this ignorant (look it up for its true meaning). number one that page has some ridiculous shit on it. number two, i like the look of a truck with 44's. i wont be rock climbing it. if it sees anything itll be mudholes where clearance is what i want. you people seem to think im trying to merge heaven and hell here. i wouldnt think it would take much more than a proper lift, including brake lines and any and everything else that needs to be extended. a nice steering stabilizer. maybe redo the pinion angle. definitely locker of some sort and gears. i dont need a mild lift to get used to it, ive been in lifted trucks all my life. so if there is any person on this site who has a clue as to what they hell they are doing, help would be nice. everyone else your wasting time because your negative comments only reflect your intelligence or lack there of.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Listen to gmattroc and budman. But I'll add my own $.02.
02yellowtj said:
i wont be rock climbing it. if it sees anything itll be mudholes where clearance is what i want. .
If you notice this is a rock crawling site, so not many people are going to help mall crawlers.

02yellowtj said:
i wouldnt think it would take much more than a proper lift, including brake lines and any and everything else that needs to be extended. .
True, you can get the tires under there, but it will ride like crap and I would not want to be near you while you drive it. Steering and brakes are what you need to be concerned about, not looking cool.

02yellowtj said:
definitely locker of some sort and gears
Why a locker? I thought you weren't doing any rock crawling. If you are mud dragging it, your axles will bust and even more quickly with a locker.

02yellowtj said:
if there is any person on this site who has a clue as to what they hell they are doing, help would be nice.
PBB is a fabulous resource for those that ask intelligent questions. I suggest first you do a search. But I'll waste 30 secs and do it for you.

Skyjacker's 8" Rock Runner can fit 38's. That is approx 6" tire size difference from 44's, so a 3" body lift would make it.

http://www.4wheelsupply.com/sky/skyjacker-jeep-tj-lift-kits.htm

·
Registered
526 Posts
02yellowtj said:
i cant believe all you people are this ignorant (look it up for its true meaning). number one that page has some ridiculous shit on it. number two, i like the look of a truck with 44's. i wont be rock climbing it. if it sees anything itll be mudholes where clearance is what i want. you people seem to think im trying to merge heaven and hell here. i wouldnt think it would take much more than a proper lift, including brake lines and any and everything else that needs to be extended. a nice steering stabilizer. maybe redo the pinion angle. definitely locker of some sort and gears. i dont need a mild lift to get used to it, ive been in lifted trucks all my life. so if there is any person on this site who has a clue as to what they hell they are doing, help would be nice. everyone else your wasting time because your negative comments only reflect your intelligence or lack there of.
Wow, we really try to help, and you show this kind of stupidity... :mad3: Still haven't even looked at the search button yet, have you? The people who know what's up didn't start off with 44's. It takes time to learn how to build a SAFE WELL PERFORMING rig capable of handling that size tire without breaking. Nobody ever said it was merging heaven and hell, but it also is not a bolt on kit from 4WPW. But why am I trying, I am ignorant compared to you since you have been around lifted trucks all your life. If that's so, this should be an easy project for you. You already said it, it's not much more than pinion angles and brake lines. For your angles, simply move your mounts. Nothing more complicated than that (don't let anyone give you crap about caster, they're ignorant). And who's going to question the strength of the D30/D35 combo? They're bombproof, especially with a locker and low gears! If your lucky, you may even have a D44, which means you're set for life. Now slap on an 8 inch lift (something bigger if you can find it) and a 3 inch body for extra clearance. Wrap it up with some extended brake lines, a dual steering stabilizer and a drop pitman arm and you're done, that easy!

The people who replied to you do know what the hell they're talking about (thats why i joined this forum, after getting fed up with thick skulls like you at the others). They just realized that you didn't, which is why they gave you so much shit. If you want something for looks alone, you aren't going to find it here. This forum isn't into that kind of gayness.

I'm sorry for any of you who read this whole needless rant. Even if it is just the internet, I guess I'm not too fond of being called ignorant by a dude who wants 44's for that cool guy look :laughing: .

·
Registered
527 Posts
everyone is giving you stupid answers due to a stupid question. searching is the key. 44's are doable with a tj, but you will be doing a lot of custom work and bigger axles for sure, steering for sure, etc. a ton of work. if you just want to slap on a lift and tires a truck like your friends would be a better platform to start from. their axles are somewhat stronger, and their steering is also. that's why lifts large enough to fit 44's are on the market for those vehicles. also, as stated before, people on this board are more into using their vehicles, usually on rocks, and where mud isn't the only obstacle. so search, and then determine if you really want to jump right to 44's so you can look "cool"

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
:flipoff2: Jesus Christ. Somebody give this guy some info.

Contact JD's Offroad in NY. The guy up there has YJ which he stripped and put on 60's with 44's.

He muds it and hits the rocks with it.

Coilovers, 4 link frt and rear, etc.

I'm realitively new around here my damn self. If all you look at for status is post count and when you registered get a fucking life.
For the newbie dumbshits that want to jump in another newbie dumshits ass for posting up what they think is a decent question....this is what the Newbie General 4x4 discussion is for.

Per Lance:
Newbie General 4x4 Discussion rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum has been created for Newbies to ask less than hard core questions. Our goal is to keep the other forums focused on hard core tech, and have somewhere to send people new to the sport at the same time. We also want to be able to move the less than hard core tech from the other forums somewhere.

Flaming newbies will not be tolerated in this forum. If you don't want to help people with their questions, don't visit this forum.

Now if this was moved from another forum then shame on me and shame on the poster.

Please help us stop the NEWBIE on NEWBIE violence.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,898 Posts
If you are serious (and it appears you are)

I would look into dana 60's front and rear (reverse cut would be nice as you are going to need a lot of lift.) Possibly full width, no less than 65" wms to wms. You are going to need all of the stability you can get.

An RE longarm, either RE's 5.5" springs (as tall as skyjackers 8's) or the poly performance coil over kit for the front and custom coilovers in the rear.

The JB supershort out put conversion.

A 3" body lift and extensive fender trimming/bumstoping and you should be close.

Its your jeep do whatever the hell you want with it, just make it safe to be on the road. I used to have a friend with 44's on a stock running gear narrow track CJ. Not something I liked, but he was happy.

Click here for a TJ on 44's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
to everyone that was helpful, thank you very much. like i said im not into rock climbing, if anything mud and going to the desert for riding quads. i dont care about mall crawling, i myslef like the look of a nice clean looking lifted up truck whatever is. as i said all that were helpful thank you very much, for those who werent maybe youll be lucky enough to grow up one day.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
Take whatever you paid for your Jeep, and plan on spending at least that much over again, just to have it right. Then again, a stock wheelbase tj on 44s with a small block would be a bitchin wheelie machine.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I had forgotten about that guy. He was all over Jeepforum for a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
you gotta be fuckin kiddin me. i'm new to the site but i dont believe your stupidity. i dont believe pirate is for you or your puss way of thinking.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
d-rock said:
you gotta be fuckin kiddin me. i'm new to the site but i dont believe your stupidity. i dont believe pirate is for you or your puss way of thinking.
If you are new then read the rules. :flipoff2:
This is the newbie no flame section. Only a dumbass would flame here, let the mods do it.

As for the 44s, would they not rub each other under the doors :p

21 - 35 of 35 Posts