Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Pics, as well as make and model of your sawzall would help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Info

Yes I was just wondering I recently acquired a 1999 montero sport ls 4x4 with the 3.0 v6 engine in it and i was wondering what size tires would go on it without rubbing or putting a lift or anything on it. I may end up putting a lift on it anyways but just wanted to know what would work good?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re:

Pics, as well as make and model of your sawzall would help.
Will 315/75/16's maxxis mudders fit onto my montero sport without making any adjustments? Or can I crank the torsion bars all the way up and fit them or maybe even a body lift if i have too!!! any info would be greatly appreciated!!:smokin:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think that you'll find this post helpfull. Different brand but a similar inquiry.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11042501&postcount=6

I got bored and searched for you, took me about 5 mins to find out that 31's will fit with no lift. 32's or 33's seem to need about 2" lift. The maxxis 315's come in just under 35", and will need about 4" of lift or an 18-20 tooth sawzall blade to fit. Now go join www.monterosportonline.com and ask your silly questions there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciated the info

I think that you'll find this post helpfull. Different brand but a similar inquiry.

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11042501&postcount=6

I got bored and searched for you, took me about 5 mins to find out that 31's will fit with no lift. 32's or 33's seem to need about 2" lift. The maxxis 315's come in just under 35", and will need about 4" of lift or an 18-20 tooth sawzall blade to fit. Now go join www.monterosportonline.com and ask your silly questions there.
Appreciate the info but didn't really need u to a di** about it I thought these forums were for questions like this. I mean it ain't like i asked will a a certain rim fit on it or somethign i did my measuring already and the way it measures they would fit on there but rub just wanted some expert or more experienced opinions on this subject so like i said didn't need for you to show ur a** to me but thanks anyways

·
Registered
413 Posts
Appreciate the info but didn't really need u to a di** about it I thought these forums were for questions like this. I mean it ain't like i asked will a a certain rim fit on it or somethign i did my measuring already and the way it measures they would fit on there but rub just wanted some expert or more experienced opinions on this subject so like i said didn't need for you to show ur a** to me but thanks anyways
This is Pirate, if you don't want to be flamed, post newbie questions in the newbie section.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rims

I am planing on starting with 16x7s right now but will be changing to 16x10 eventually i am in the process of putting a 3inch body lift on as well to help with clearance as i would to not have to take the sawzall to the fender wells but we'll see what i have to do make it work!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am planing on starting with 16x7s right now but will be changing to 16x10 eventually i am in the process of putting a 3inch body lift on as well to help with clearance as i would to not have to take the sawzall to the fender wells but we'll see what i have to do make it work!
With a 3" BL you SHOULD be able to fit 33x12.5x15s. You'll have to trim the front, lower corners of the bumper just a tiny bit. We put 33s on a couple Sports only cranking up the front torsion bars and either adding shackles to the rear, 'add-a-leafs' or replacing the rear leafs with re-arched leafs. The total 'lift' came out to about 3-3.5". But, you'll have to be careful about which tire and rim you choose.

When you turn the front wheels and stuff a tire the edge of the tire tends to clip the bottom edge of the rear of the wheel well. Depends on BS, rim and tire width and the type of tire. I have no problem with my Geolandar MTs on a 15x8" rim with 4" of BS but these tires have a tread cross-section shaped like a doughnut.:) Same size TSL doesn't fit because of the lugs along the edge.

Edward

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lift Options

How much lift can I get out of cranking the torsion bars up? I was only told like maybe a couple of inches so!!

With a 3" BL you SHOULD be able to fit 33x
12.5x15s. You'll have to trim the front, lower corners of the bumper just a tiny bit. We put 33s on a couple Sports only cranking up the front torsion bars and either adding shackles to the rear, 'add-a-leafs' or replacing the rear leafs with re-arched leafs. The total 'lift' came out to about 3-3.5". But, you'll have to be careful about which tire and rim you choose.

When you turn the front wheels and stuff a tire the edge of the tire tends to clip the bottom edge of the rear of the wheel well. Depends on BS, rim and tire width and the type of tire. I have no problem with my Geolandar MTs on a 15x8" rim with 4" of BS but these tires have a tread cross-section shaped like a doughnut.:) Same size TSL doesn't fit because of the lugs along the edge.

Edward

·
Registered
413 Posts
Now go join www.monterosportonline.com and ask your silly questions there.
This.

There are answers to pretty much every Montero Sport question you could dream up on that site. I am member "dannytuned" on there, pm me and I'll personally answer newb questions. Don't clutter our new Pirate Mitsubishi section with this type of shit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts