Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I blew my shocks jumping out of bomb craters at johnson valley... I need to replace them. I wanna get something stiffer (help with the no sway bar thing) than the Doetch Tech 3000s I have (or had). What manufactures and models would you all suggest? The high end $$$ shit is out of the question and they have to have a stud mounted versions as well (stupid XJ and its goofy front shock mounts)... would like to keep it under $60 a shock.

Ryan

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess no one has any experiance with any other shocks? damn...

·
Registered
914 Posts
why not get BPE's to eliminate the top stud mount? tons more options out there for eye-eye. as for choice, i have never run anything worth mentioning so can't help you there haha. check out this thread for some blingtastic wonderfulness!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Not sure if Bilsteins are up your alley...I've had mine about 2 years now and have held up very well. I also went with the BPE's...opens up lots of options. My.02 :flipoff2:

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got BPE's. Bar pins are what mount the stock shocks on the bottom up front and on the top in the rear. The Stud I'm refering to is the upper mount in the front where it passes through the body and into the engine bay. I've seen these things at T&J performance... would be nice but for the quality (which I would rate as average at best) no ways I'm paying $110 for em

I'll do some searching... maybe there are some cheaper stud to eye conversion pieces out there that i can use for a bit. As soon as I get a new truck everything is getting ripped out...hence why I dont wanna spend too much on shit that will probably just be replaced.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,091 Posts
Try a set of monotubes, they will typically have more low speed damping to compensate for the lack of sway bar. A shock with digressive valving will work best. Try Bilstein, Rubicon Express, Edebrock Xtreme IAS, etc. You should be able to find any of these for around $60 per shock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts