Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some parts laying around and wounder what sami guys think. I have a 90 samurai and a tdi out of an 01 jetta. Plan on running it computerized with tunning and built to around 250 horse. Run a toyota bell housing to a ax15 trans with acme adapter. Then run a 231 to 241 doubler transfer. I have a ford hp 44 front and a 14 bolt rear. And yes the wheel base is getting stretched. What do you think?

·
Registered
696 Posts
See I would do full size axles but not ford full size. Those are the widest. Maybe like wagoneer or j truck 44s. Or fj60 or fj80 land cruiser. Something in the mid 60" range. Aren't the fords like 69" or something?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah they are around 69 i dont remeber. I havent messed with fj stuff so i wasnt sure on the strength.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have some parts laying around and wounder what sami guys think. I have a 90 samurai and a tdi out of an 01 jetta. Plan on running it computerized with tunning and built to around 250 horse. Run a toyota bell housing to a ax15 trans with acme adapter. Then run a 231 to 241 doubler transfer. I have a ford hp 44 front and a 14 bolt rear. And yes the wheel base is getting stretched. What do you think?
i daily drive a 00' TDI with mods. do u realize what it takes to make 250hp with one of these? i mean they are a whopping 90hp stock. dollar for dollar id say start with with a different power plant. A TDI would be cool in something like a lightly modded trackick or sammy. not so much in a rig on tons.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i daily drive a 00' TDI with mods. do u realize what it takes to make 250hp with one of these? i mean they are a whopping 90hp stock. dollar for dollar id say start with with a different power plant. A TDI would be cool in something like a lightly modded trackick or sammy. not so much in a rig on tons.
Haha yeah i know what it takes. Thats what gets built at my place is tdi's. My daily driver is a 99.5 with 200 horse on stock bottom end and a 6speed. We get alot of fun parta laying around so 250 horse im not worried about its just a number i was throwing out was all.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I agree the TDI is a poor choice based on alot of things

I used to own a TDI in the 200hp area, took alot of $ to get it there, broke 3 final drives on 3 seperate occasions. (finally bought a peloquin)

Can the ax-15 handle 400+ torque?

Just food for thought, I thought hard about a tdi in my xl-7, for the price/power, will go LS probably to push my tons&37's easier lol

My 180hp 2.7 struggles with the wheel mass and weight of a 60/70......

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyones input. Gives me some stuff to think about. An LS would be fun!!! But we will see what happends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts