Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i have a cj 5 with a t-150 and amc v-8

I cant for the life of me remember the particular parts that need mix matching around.

What i have tucked away is a T18 to D20 adapet but no shaft
D20 and t-18 bullgear

I also have access to a 1980 scout t-19 wide ratio that has the d20 adapter on the back of it. and a J-20 T-18 with 6.32:1 1st gear

So what i guess im looking for is help on remembering the correct input shaft and bearing retainer and also IIRC my bellhousing capible of being used for this application. Isnt the 79 cj t-150 bellhousing the one i have drilled and tap already for any t-18 to mate up (with a input change?

Thanks
D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your existing bellhousing will work. If the Scout is really a 1980 (square headlights), then it might have the rare Texas Dana 300. Might want to grab the whole mess.

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:D already got the scout 300 off of it. just couldnt remember if it was any ford t-18 input and retainer that would work on the j10 t-18 or if the ford t-18 input would work on the scout t-19 because IIRC the scout input is a hair on the long side for a cj conversion.

dont you hate getting old all the sudden the things you once knew off the top of your head are now foggy

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
So what i guess im looking for is help on remembering the correct input shaft and bearing retainer and also IIRC my bellhousing capible of being used for this application. Isnt the 79 cj t-150 bellhousing the one i have drilled and tap already for any t-18 to mate up (with a input change?)
Yes, your T150 bellhousing will work, might have to tap or enlarge a hole or two - if you use the Jeep case minus the garmongoid spacer, unless the Scout case has a useable bolt pattern (not sure what their pattern is, offhand).

Swap in the input and retainer from a Ford wide-ratio T18, or Novak sells a kit. You'll also need a different pilot bushing - contact Novak with any particulars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts