Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going camping on the Con this Labor Day and need a shitter,toilet camode. Leave no trace behind kinda thing.
I've got a 5 gallon bucket with a lid and trash bags?
Any other proven homemade ideas?:homer:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Get the kitchen garbage bags with the fresh scent. Helps out a lot. Also just use your neighbors tent. Privacy and no lingering scent in your tent. :flipoff2:

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,940 Posts
these guys have a bitchen toilet seat that goes on a 5 gallon bucket...that's what i got. get some of the powder shit they sell or some wag bags and your shit won't stink!

here's the seat
Make your own, buy commode seat and mount it on the bucket, then get the bags with the powder/gel stuff. Put the lid on when not in use. String up a tarp and some bungie cords if you want privacy.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
"luggable-loo" seat from wal-mart. fits on top of a 5 gal bucket. they also sell the bio-degradable wag bags.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I wonder if you could some lime to throw in there to keep the smell at bay.

BTW, on big walls we had to lug our crap around for days... this is nothing new. We would commonly use either a big piece of pvc with a screw on end, and pack our business in big ziplocks, or sometimes I'd use a big river drybag, again, to keep smell at bay when you stuff this thing into your haulbag.

That said, the use of a ziplock is a good idea when you're hanging from a harness like 10 feet away from a week's worth of processed Stagg Steakhouse chili and Fig Newtons, and the gallon size with the tabbed zipper thing offers a good, target when you're squatting on a glorified, suspended cot 2000 feet up in a windstorm.

Oh yeah, I'd research the lime thing.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Take a toilet seat, put it upside down on the ground, put the new and clean 5 gallon bucket upside down on top. Trace out the point the bucket makes contact with the isolating feet. Then take your handy handheld circular saw, set your depth just above the bottom of the isolators, make a couple passes for slits and wholla, the toilet seat that magically locates itself on a 5 gallon bucket. We named our's the Porta-Poop:D

Bring a small bag of kitty litter, it will help tremendously.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts