Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
diagnostic machine/computers.

went for smog, had a pending o2 sensor code. replaced o2 sensor and now i have 2 monitors that wont go ready. smog guy mentioned the fancy diagnostic machines can force them. so anyone in riverside area have one and want to make some easy money?

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have worked in the automotive industry for 25+ years now and am not aware of any scanner or diagnostic machine that will "force" your readiness monitors. I use an AutoLogic scanner that cost tens of thousands of dollars new and it can't do it.

·
perfection in plasma
4,052 Posts
ive got a few ....... give me a call if you want to meetup

oh wait this is a toyota...... never had luck forcing any of the smog stuff on them. i can scan/test your stuff no prob force........ maybe with a bluepoint hammer ha ha. gm/vw fairly easy to "fake/force" this stuff but toyota ecu's Ive never had luck with.

do you have the "code" by chance?

did you drive less than 80 miles since unhooking the battery?

did you reset this "code" post installing new sensors?

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have worked in the automotive industry for 25+ years now and am not aware of any scanner or diagnostic machine that will "force" your readiness monitors. I use an AutoLogic scanner that cost tens of thousands of dollars new and it can't do it.
toyota said it can be done, they just want a lot of money

Not sure what your driving. But I know that the cars I work on can NOT be forced. Drive cycles is the only way.
01 tacoma with 4cyl

ive got a few ....... give me a call if you want to meetup

oh wait this is a toyota...... never had luck forcing any of the smog stuff on them. i can scan/test your stuff no prob force........ maybe with a bluepoint hammer ha ha. gm/vw fairly easy to "fake/force" this stuff but toyota ecu's Ive never had luck with.

do you have the "code" by chance?

did you drive less than 80 miles since unhooking the battery?

did you reset this "code" post installing new sensors?
went to smog, had a pending code. but no CEL light.
replaced bad o2 sensor
reset codes
went back to smog, never checking monitors
smog guy hooked up scanner and had o2 and catalyst monitors not ready
told me to drive it or hit up the dealer. they have had customers get them forced
called dealer. theyre expensive, need the vehicle all day
have now driven 100+ miles and the catalyst monitor will not go ready.
no codes

last time i had to replace the o2 on this truck for smog, all monitors went ready in 50 or so miles.

looks like im up to around 200 miles, with everything from flat highway, stop and go traffic, even headed into big bear to get the motor under load and producing some heat at high rpms.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
update
- 19wahters - 2000 you can have 2 monitors not ready
- 2001+you can have one monitor not ready

digging around on the internets a little and it appears the smog shops star rating is somehow connected to cars that pass with monitors not ready, so i suspect this is why they turned me away. so being my truck is an 01 i went back and they didnt want to smog it. argued with them a little and they said it would fail without the monitor running. finally i said run it and ill deal with it if it fails. catalyst monitor was not ready, everything else was.

PASSED - even on the new fancy plug and play no roller machine. so yea, all this running around for nothing in the end.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out for you.

OFF-TOPIC: The advice below is some seriously dumb advice.

Try Disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu and see if the monitors go ready after a few more drive cycles.
This would have reset all the monitors back to "not ready" and you'd be in the same boat you started with.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm glad everything worked out for you.

OFF-TOPIC: The advice below is some seriously dumb advice.

This would have reset all the monitors back to "not ready" and you'd be in the same boat you started with.
Sorry you don't agree with my advise. Take it or leave it but, no reason to insult someone throwing out ideas trying to help. In other :mad3:words, FUCK OFF!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts