Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the first thing you are going to say is SWAP THEM. Well the stocks need to last me one more month then they will be yanked. At any rate, my problem is that I busted my long side birfield, replaced it, found out my locker was bad, fixed it (3 sheared pins, lockright) put it back together and now I can't turn the wheel when the long side axle is locked in.
I pulled the axle AGAIN and the birf appears to be perfect. I am lost as of now. What else can it be. I can leave the short side locked and I have no problems, as soon as I lock the drivers side, I break my arms trying to turn the thing.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I am suspecting a bent housing.
Have you been jumping it or rolled it recently?

It won't turn right or it is very hard to turn right?
Mine doesn't turn either direction very well of a good surface in 4WD. Unless it's on a loose surface I usually have to use 2wd to turn around.

How does it act in 2WD hubs locked in?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In all of the bove instances it was in 2wd with the hubs locked in. I have not done any jumps or anything that would bend the housing.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
I would probably pull the lock right, and run it open up front until you do a swap.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
ya if its only a month, id pull everything out and just slap the spindles back on along with the wheel hub etc.... And resist the urge to wheel it for a few weeks....

If not, with it all together, try rotating everythign by using the pinion and a large rachet/bar etc... This might give you enough to move it and at least see what it does... not like your gonna break it any worse....

-yag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts