Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am running a 90 GMC full size Jimmy factory Fuel Injected with a 700 R4 trans and 32" tires. I don't drive like a maniac but I am getting just barley 8 miles per gallon.
I need suggestions on what might be causing this?:eek: :eek:
I know it has to be more than plugs and wires wich may help but what should I be getting ?.. 15 mpg is what I expected.
What would you suggest I do for starters.?
Also it idles around 1000 rpm until it warms up.. seems a tad high. How hard is it to adjust idle on FI?
Any help appreciated.. thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
You can't adjust the idle...just make sure your TPS is good and calibrated properly.
Make sure all sensors are good, plug wires and dist. cap are good, exhaust is free flowing and air filter is clean.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
donjr5 said:
You can't adjust the idle...just make sure your TPS is good and calibrated properly.
Make sure all sensors are good, plug wires and dist. cap are good, exhaust is free flowing and air filter is clean.
How do I check TPS for proper calibration?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You can adjust the idle but its a pain in the ass and i dont remeber how. If you know someone with a code scanner I would check to make sure the TCC is locking up and that she is getting into closed loop.

Charlo

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
i have a 94 gmc 350/4l60 3/4 ton truck. On 33s. Get about 10 in town and 12 freeway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.