Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to borrow / rent a trailer for my up and coming trip to JV. Last weekend of March. Towing from San Francisco to JV and back.

Anyone have a trailer in the Bay Area they are willing to let me borrow? I'll rent it from you if necessary. I don't want to get stuck renting a U-Haul after all the horror stories. My Jeep is less than 80" wide so it should fit between the fenders without any problems.

I am not being a cheap bastard by not buying one. I had one but it was stolen . . . and I need to find storage if I decide to buy another. Help a brothah out, boys :D

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My CJ has a 100" wheelbase so I'm guessing a ten foot bed is more than enough. It weighs close to 5K. Anything you have that will work would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Rock Toy said:
My CJ has a 100" wheelbase so I'm guessing a ten foot bed is more than enough. It weighs close to 5K. Anything you have that will work would be appreciated :)
well, I'll have to measure it.. it's a 14ft, 60CH from Bigtex, and I'm not sure how wide it is. I know it's got room to spare when I load the zuk up on it..

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This the one?? Trailer

If it is, it looks like it will work. Call me at 415-309-0157 and we'll talk. I'll definitely make it worth your while.

Sergei-

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Rock Toy said:
This the one?? Trailer

If it is, it looks like it will work. Call me at 415-309-0157 and we'll talk. I'll definitely make it worth your while.

Sergei-
that's close. its looks this :

I have a few requirements of my own before I let it out of my sight. I am also busy the next few days, and won't be able to talk about till at least sunday night, maybe.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well, it appears this was a mistake..

If you know Rocktoy, please ask him to return the key for the trailer lock ASAP. I really don't want a key out in the wild, and not interested in replacing the lock set.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this is Flatty. I will tell Sergei as soon as I see him that he has your key., Trust me, Sergei is not a mean guy, and I am sure this was done totally by mistake. Please do not regret loaning out a trailer over a small mishap like this. I will either have Sergei call you, or e-mail you ASAP.

Dimitri

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tdavis, I didn't relaize you were one of those people that posts up on the board BEFORE calling me:mad: I spoke with you at the end of last week and told you that I would mail you the key....that I had it at work and it had slipped my mind. At NO point did I ever imply that I was going to steal your trailer or keep your key. You did have another key so I did not keep you from using the trailer if you wanted to.

You let me borrow the trailer with conditions. I met every one of your conditions and returned the trailer to you in perfect condition. Becuase I forgot the key at home, I left the ball and receiver attached. You can keep them if it makes you feel better.

The key went out Friday so you should have it by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
rocktoy - we need to talk. You won't believe what the US Postal Service did..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts