Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to get rid of my zj. I'm at a point where I am not sure where to go with it.
Background- 93' laredo, 6cyl. 117k, some rock rash otherwise its not that bad. custom 3-link radius arm front and long arms in the back. Will have tube bumpers and has rocksliders. Can't go back to stock suspension.

options
1. add 9in. rear and configure rear suspension to triangulated 4-link,keep rc44 under it with extended wheelbase setup, lengthen driveshafts, add 35's, do alot of innerwheel well cutting.

2. Repair and reinstall d-30 front end with new suspension brackets for high clearance. Keep d-35 under and 32" ssr's. No cutting, no new driveshafts.

3. Finish rc44 front swap, which is basicly just the steering and installing the gears. Keep current d-35 on it and sell with it 9in. rear, 32's(5x4.5) and 35's(5x5.5) and let them finish.

Axles are all stock d-30, needs new suspension brackets(old ones a fawked), d-35 stock with lockright.

59"wms rc44 with 4.10's and warn hubs, big bearing 9in. out of eb with 4.10's and spool 59"wms.

tires are 32x11.5x15 ssr's one 589's and 35x12.50x15 bfg's on crawlers.

How much do you think I can get out of it?
I'm leaning towads option 2 and parting the good stuff:D

prior rebuild and some bodywork

Currently its got the 44 under it with the axle moved forward an inch or two with 35's. Dents in the doors are mostly gone and rock sliders added.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
DO like me and my Friends have done. It is a 1993 jeep grand cherokee that i now own and it has gone through the club by owners and here how it looks like now. We call it the Doorless Wonder! Its very offroadable and its just plain fun!

·
Battle Masher
2,245 Posts
Ill trade ya for my toyota.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thats fawk'n different.:D
But I don't want or need another wheeler. I need a tow rig for my bronco.
I have had visions of the zj topless in the past, but bought a better rig to destroy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love the doorless.. it's an "aquired" love. :flipoff2: .. needs some axles and leaf springs... oh yea, and the exo needs to be finished.. but after that, i think it'll be more than decent.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Awww, looks like same people i deal with on LHOR board, well thank what you want, but i love it and it will get finished when i get a job and money plus time. By the way HOOK'EM HORNS!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
neat rig! Idea for the future hehe. oh and Aggies rule!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts