Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help a guy out by posting here. He has an 86 Turbo
4runner with a bad head. Would like to try to find a good used one before buying a new one from Toyota or engnbldr.
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
726 Posts
7.50 c-ratio with turbo head on the 22RET.

8.50 c-ratio with 22RE head on the 22RET block.

something to think about?

alot of fun too.:D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I agree, just use an 85-87 22RE head.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have regular RE heads that I could sell him. any issues I should warn him about if he goes that route?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
just that he'll get bumped up to 8.5:1 instead of 7.5:1 and he should run high test. He may need new tires too since he'll be doing more burn outs :D Use all of the turbo stuff on the RE head though. cam, intake, rockers, etc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
22RTE Turbo cam in a 22RE Eng ?

Foxfab said:
just that he'll get bumped up to 8.5:1 instead of 7.5:1 and he should run high test. He may need new tires too since he'll be doing more burn outs :D Use all of the turbo stuff on the RE head though. cam, intake, rockers, etc.

always what / or if there would be a benifit by installing a 22RTE cam and stuff into my 22RE engine Head,

in my 85 4runner Rock Krawler.:confused:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
no benefit unless you have a turbo or supercharger on it.. The turbo cam is designed for forced induction and if you dont have forced induction, then you'll actually lose power.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks

Foxfab said:
no benefit unless you have a turbo or supercharger on it.. The turbo cam is designed for forced induction and if you dont have forced induction, then you'll actually lose power.

1985-87 22RE head is going on the 22RTE engine ,on the Engine stand

for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts