Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here... what's that second shifter in my truck behind the regular shifter? Yeah right ... actually I'm wiring in a 4.3 Vortec into my 90 4runner (don't hammer me on the IFS, it's coming off as soon as I have the $$$). I need to know what color the wires are for the backup lights, neutral safety switch and 4wd indicator light. I'm guessing they all come in the harness from the original auto trans. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I am only going to say this once

"GO GET YOURSELF A FACTORY WIRING DIAGRAM"!
OR YOUR FAWKED FAWKED FAWKED!!!!!!!

Oh ya, you can't make that motor fit :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
crash said:
I am only going to say this once

"GO GET YOURSELF A FACTORY WIRING DIAGRAM"!
OR YOUR FAWKED FAWKED FAWKED!!!!!!!

Oh ya, you can't make that motor fit :flipoff2:

c'mon mikey you know the color of those wires by heart now with as many of those swap's as you've done :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Well WTF do you expect?
what year harness? what model did it come out of? Was the harness an auto or manual?
4l80 or 4l60e?
These things are not like the asain stuff where color code designates the system.....

So if you want help then give us something to chew on and don't think we are mind readers...

·
Registered
853 Posts
I find it amazing that anyone tries to work on something they own without a manual of some kind, especially the wire harness. Even a cheapo manual, which I have, can tell you that kind of basic stuff. Additionally, with an ohmeter and a 12 volt source I could probably find out which one is which in the time it took you to enter that post. (Without the manual)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.